When you are Selling a property, I will prepare a contract of sale for the transaction which will include diagrams, searches and any specific documents, (title documents, easements etc) relevant to your property.
You may have specific inclusions or exclusions that must be incorporated. I will also represent you in any negotiations with potential buyers. Once a price is agreed with the purchaser, I can arrange the exchange of contracts in conjunction with the buyer’s representative. Once these contracts are exchanged, I will start preparing for final settlement, usually six (6) weeks later. The settlement process includes most of the following:
- Contact your bank to let them know the property is sold so they can begin discharging your mortgage
- Pay any outstanding fees, rates, on your behalf
- Arrange for you to sign the Transfer document, passing the property to the purchaser
- Continue liaising with your bank, so all documents and calculations are ready for settlement day
- Attend settlement with the other parties (their bank and their representative)
My final invoice will include my fee, any disbursements I’ve paid for on your behalf during the settlement process. These may include property searches and other payments.
Contact us to find out more or to arrange a consultation with an experienced conveyancer in Lane Cove.